Alligator Knits Pattern Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

+9
Lisa
SweetTandPickles
purseaddict
plath
pixieknitsali
mhaddon
radiantmeg
Julie K
Amy
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  kakemery Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:11 am

Hi Amy-
Do you know if you will have sleeves up before you go? I want to have this done for DD by Sunday so she can wear it to our friend's LOs Baptism.
Thanks!
Kelli

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  SweetTandPickles Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:21 am

I am ready for the sleeves, also.

I am doing the Preemie.

I do not care for half LS for the waistband, which is what I used. I think Seed will be nicer or even rib, maybe 1X1 on back and 2X2 on front?

Mine looks like Lisa's as well, which was knit BEFORE the changes. I'm not frogging, this is going to a baby that was due yesterday LOL

I know you changed back to KFAB, but I think the next one I will do will be Kto 1 st before marker, M1B, K1, sm, K1, M1F..I like the look better. It's just preference.

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 am

We are leaving in a min. but I'll try to put up the ss directions (I'm assuming that you want the short sleeve if she is wearing it Sunday?)

As for long sleeve I'm trying to decide whether to make the sleeves more open and flowy or more fitted, thoughts?

Amy
Admin

https://akpatterns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:44 am

ok, ss directions are up, I'll get ls directions up on Monday. I'll check in one more time before I leave as well. Thank you all!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks Amy! Have a good trip Smile

BTW- I think the dress would look great with a more loose fitting sleeve, as opposed to really fitted Very Happy

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:48 am

ok, I might include instructions for both, since I know everyone has different prefrences, but I'll write it up while I'm gone this weekend.

Thanks everyone for all your patience and hard work on this pattern. I really appreciate it!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:54 pm

I really like the pattern so far. I'm still on the skirt part.

My only thing I'm wondering is if 2.5 inches is too much for the w/b? I did seed stitch, which I love, but it might be too thick? Its hard to tell now though, I'll wait until I'm done with the skirt to judge Smile

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:22 pm

OK, Julie, lmk what you think when you are done, I can make it thinner if needed Smile

I'm back (obviously) but need to unpack yet, I'll try to work on l/s instructions later tonight

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mhaddon Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Ok so I have cast on finally Cool Now then in the pattern I'm assuming you haven't updated the size needles to start with? Also the instructions for the body front/back are a little more clear, but I would make sure to add in that the back section (where the SM you don't increase at) would be the back correct? I'll LYK how it goes and if I have anything else Wink

mhaddon

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 pm

ok, I'll add that in, thanks!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mhaddon Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Ok I am down to the split for sleeves section. Not sure if it was pointed out, but the 12-24 size numbers are off. At least the back part is, all the rest are even except this size says it should have 25 for the first number and it should be 24 Smile Also for the other back side portion.

mhaddon

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:16 pm

I finished the size 4/5 over the weekend! I had no issues after corrections were made Very Happy It turned out super cute. I love it! I did a seed stitch hem originally with no issues, but I ended up taking that out and doing a lace pattern. I just really liked the idea of a lace hem.
For the size 4/5 I used a little less than 2 oz of the solid colorway for the bodice and sleeves. I used maybe another 3/4-1 oz for the hem (which I made about 2" wide). So I used about 3 oz total of the solid color. For the waistband and skirt, I used about 3.5 oz. A total of 6-8 oz would be needed to completes the size 4/5 depending on length. The base that I used was licorice twist and it was 14" from under arm to hem.

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  mhaddon Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Ok disregard, just wrong number on each side of the stitch markers Embarassed
But, on the back to do the K1 P1 ribbing I had to add a stitch so that it lined up... I had 50 stitches on the back (25 each side) It worked out by adding a stitch and so now on the skirt I have one extra stitch, making it an odd number. I am doing the half linen stitch waist option. I also plan on doing the seed stitch ruffle so it works out b/c I already have the odd number.

mhaddon

Back to top Go down

Post  purseaddict Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Okay, I am a major screw up...but I haven't figured out how. I am ready to do the hem and I just counted stitches for the 12/24m size. Pattern says I should have 106, but I have 162????? I know it has to be from the waistband down, when I K, KFB all the way around. I forgot to count them. That's what happens when I knit when I am tired, I mess up! I am already at the point of starting the hem, so I hate the idea of frogging all the skirt...it took me forever because I am slow. Do I finish as is? Do I frog? HELP!!!!!

purseaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Good catch Bridget! I don't think you messed up. If you go back and look at the number of stitches that you should of had for the waistband before the skirt increases, it was 106. By my calculations, you should have 159, if you started with 106 and did k1,kfb around. The 3 extra stitches shouldn't hurt anything.
Amy- it looks likes the stitch number on the hem does not account for the increase for the skirt.

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  purseaddict Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Kelli, you may be my new best friend!!! I was freaking out! I will move on to the hem, then. Thanks so much for looking at that for me!

purseaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks Kelli! I'll go back and change those numbers.

And I'd love to see FO pics!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:34 am

Bridget- No problem! I have been there before and the thought of frogging that much can make a girl sick Laughing

Amy- Thats why we are here to test Very Happy I am going to get some FO pics with some action shots tonight after I get home from work. I love it! I think it turned out so adorable. Great pattern!

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 pm

I am getting ready to start the hem. :hide: This newborn is slowing down my knitting. LOL

I have figured out how to nurse and knit, so I am gonna try to finish it up today, and get it blocking.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey everyone, I'm leaving out of town again, I'll be back on Saturday, leaving tomorrow afternoon.

I forgot to add to the pattern that you can do a single crochet edging around the neckline to give it a more finished look if you'd like to do that.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetTandPickles Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Amy I am done. Forgot to let you know. I ended up changing the sleeves though (had to frog due to them being too tight). Instead of pu 3 sts, I pu 6sts and knit one row (on my pu sts row). Then I did a k2,p2 rib for 4 more rows and cast off loosely. That should work better for chunky baby (preemie/newborn) arms! she was born yesterday and she is FAT. So, no way were the other sleeves going over those rolls!
In the end, I was already almost done with the skirt to change the sugar cube st pattern or frog it. So, I have the original design.
I used all colorway except for hem which was a tiny amount (maybe 1/2oz?). the total for the entire dress was 2.8oz LOL
Sweet!
I will post pics tomorrow!!!

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:01 am

Here are some action pics! Some are a little hazy because it is ~100 degrees here with a ton of humidity, so it fogs up my lens Rolling Eyes
Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 4 DSC03530
Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 4 DSC03521
Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 4 DSC03527

More pics here:
http://ravel.me/kakemery/ae

ETA a little more info for fit info- Maddy is 3 years old, dress is size 4-5. Typically Maddy wears a size 3, so I was worried that this would be too big for this year, but it ended up fitting nicely. I think she will have plenty of room to grow. I tried it on my DS who is almost 6 (9/1), but very petite (wears a size 4-5). It fits him perfectly in the chest and arms. I knit this at 14" from armpit to hem, but I thought it was too short after I put it on, so I blocked it to add 3." It is now 17" from armpit to hem. I also stretched the hem widthwise as much as I could to give a slight flare. When I put it on post blocking, it was too straight down and looked awkward. I think the next time that I knit this, that I would add in a couple of increases in the skirt to give it a slight flare, but maintaining the pencil shape.

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  bbailey Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 am

GORGEOUS!!!! Love that shade of pink that you used for the top....she is adorable too!

bbailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:24 am

Kelli its darling! And so is your dd. I was picturing the skirt (in my head) with more of a flare when it is being work, more of a full skirt. What are your thoughts on instead of K1, KFAB around for increases to doing just KFAB around, think that would be too much? It looks like it fits her well. yay!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks ladies!

Amy- I think the kfb would make a really full skirt, like the ridinghood sweater. I think it would be cute, but would change the look of the dress a lot. I really like the pencil dress look, but would probably do more of a flare at the bottom. For example, after the waistband, set up 2 stitch markers at the hips in the front and 2 in the back. Then every 4 rounds for the smaller sizes and every 7 or so rounds for the larger, increase a stitch at each marker.

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum