Alligator Knits Pattern Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

+9
Lisa
SweetTandPickles
purseaddict
plath
pixieknitsali
mhaddon
radiantmeg
Julie K
Amy
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  pixieknitsali Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Amy wrote:
pixieknitsali wrote:I'm nearly finished the 4/5 bodice.

There is an error towards the end of the bodice instructions though - there is no row 29. I've worked what is written for row 30 as row 29 and then carried on with the rest as I think it should be from previous rows - but the numbers for rows 31-34 do not work out with the extra increase from row 30.

I've also added a few extra p2 at the ends of some of the rows Embarassed as there were big long knit sections that didn't look right to me. That is probably deliberate but it would have bugged me forever Laughing

I fixed the row error, now there are only 32 rows Wink

Also, what do you mean by the extra p2? Can you show me a pic?

Ok I'll have to undo a few rows then Smile

You know how the p2 form 'columns' - I started a new 'column' as soon as there were enough stitches to do that. For example on row 5 it ends with k6 and k4 so you have 10 knit sts - I ended with p2 k2 instead as it just looked like a big gap without the purls

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  SweetTandPickles Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Amy wrote:
SweetTandPickles wrote: What a Face OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ok I am looking at this as if it were knit flat! OK! OK!!! i got it now, I have it right so far --It is messing me up visually since I'm having to magic Looo it LOL OK, THANK YOU!!!

Glad you figured it out Smile LMK if it isn't working out

I'm going to add to the pattern that the marker is in the middle of the back to make it more clear.

I should have waistband instructions up by tomorrow night Smile

yes, I have it now cyclops Thanks for adding that in b/c I'm knitting the STIH right now and the front is the beginning and end of the row in flat knitting and it visually looks like it is flat when MLing tongue

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  plath Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Just a comment ~ it would be helpful if you explained where the front actually is Smile It's hard to follow if you're just reading the directions.

plath

Back to top Go down

Post  plath Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Ok, I'm tired tonight, but I *think* the stitch pattern doesn't work for my number of stitches. I cast on 26 for the front section, but after rows 2 and 4, the number is 30 for my front section. Row 5 is set up for 26 stitches however.

plath

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:49 pm

ok, lisa I'll look in a bit and see if changes need to be made

Amy
Admin

https://akpatterns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:57 pm

shoot! I went to CO tonight and realized that the LT I have likely won't be enough. I thought I had a full skein of trim color and I don't Sad

Argh! I don't know what I'm going to use now!

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 pm

how will this look entirely in a solid?

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Julie- I think it would look cute all in solid, or you could do solid and use a colorway as an accent for the waistband and trims. Sorry your LT isn't working out :hugs:

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:25 pm

OK, Lisa, I edited the 2/3, it should work now Smile

So what is everyone's overall feeling, should I change it to carry over the stitch pattern farther? The only reason I didn't do it was because I was afraid it would interfere with the KFAB at the beginning of the rounds.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetTandPickles Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I think the st pattern is fine and I like that it is only in the front..easy once you get used to it (especially doing ML LOL). But, I would prefer a M1b, sm, M1F increase. It would look neater without the KFB "bars" IMO. I'm waiting for the waistband now! Very Happy Very Happy

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  plath Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks Amy Smile

Row 9 reads as this: Row 9: K1, K4, *P2,K6* 3 times, P2,K3

Is k1, k4 right?

it should just read K5, I'll fix that, sorry!

plath

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 pm

I am as far as the pattern is written for the smallest size.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 pm

ok, I promise to have the waistband up by tonight Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pixieknitsali Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Yay, I will work on that tomorrow then - it's almost bedtime here

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Post  purseaddict Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 pm

NM

purseaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:24 pm

sorry I haven't gotten it up sooner, I'm trying to potty train my 2 yo so she's had most of my attention all day.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  plath Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:26 am

I finished the bodice last night Smile I will try and get pics later on today.

plath

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:48 am

Added waistband instructions, you have two choices, either a half linen waistband or a seed stitch waistband. lmk if you have any questions. I'll try to get the instructions for the hem up tonight or tomorrow

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Amy, I emailed you, but I wasn't sure if I was the only one doing size 6 or not...but I've made the following corrections to make the left side and the right side of the stitch pattern on the front match a bit more. Just adding another set of purls on the right side (facing the front of the work).

I went back to rows 9 and 10 and added a little purl block at the end...so I ended with P2 K1 on row 9 and P2, KFAB on row 10

then row 19 I ended with K4P2K2, and row 20 I ended with K4P2K1, KFAB

row 25: ended with P2K1, and row 26: ended with P2, KFAB

I think there will be a couple more, so I'll let you know when I get to them Smile

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 pm

OK Julie, I think what you are saying is the same thing someone else said, about carrying the stitch pattern farther out right? I am going to go through and revise all sizes and carry the stitch pattern farther out and change the increases to M1 instead of KFAB as was suggested. So if you haven't started yet please don't start yet. If you have then just keep going Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Alright all sizes are edited with the new increases and extending the stitch pattern. LMK if you have any questions!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Amy wrote:OK Julie, I think what you are saying is the same thing someone else said, about carrying the stitch pattern farther out right? I am going to go through and revise all sizes and carry the stitch pattern farther out and change the increases to M1 instead of KFAB as was suggested. So if you haven't started yet please don't start yet. If you have then just keep going Smile

I already finished the bodice Smile I like the KFAB though, personally! I had to make changes to two more rows, did you get those? I can post what I did if you want Smile

I'm nearly done with the w/b

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I just cast on Smile Here are my notes thus far:
I, personally, like to place markers after the cast on (so in the first actual row). I just think it is easier and quicker, especially for newbie knitters.
On the increases, you have m1f, sm, m1b, so you are actually making 2 in between one set of stitches. If using the m1, instead of KFB, I would make it:
K to 1 stitch before marker, M1F, k1, sm,k1,M1B, repeat at next marker

Personally, I like the KFB better, because I like the look that the purl bar adds to raglan shaping.

ETA: I know that the row marker is the back, based on the discussion here, but in the pattern, I would make it clear that the sugar cube stitch will be worked between markers 3 and 4 (counting row marker as 1st marker).

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:06 pm

shoot, I didn't even think of that with the M1, I think I'll change it back to KFAB, I agree, after looking at different ways of increaing I like the bar as well. So hang on and don't do anything for a minute. I need to get my kids to bed and I'll revise again.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Amy wrote:shoot, I didn't even think of that with the M1, I think I'll change it back to KFAB, I agree, after looking at different ways of increaing I like the bar as well. So hang on and don't do anything for a minute. I need to get my kids to bed and I'll revise again.
Sounds good! I'll hold off until you revise Smile

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum