Alligator Knits Pattern Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

+9
Lisa
SweetTandPickles
purseaddict
plath
pixieknitsali
mhaddon
radiantmeg
Julie K
Amy
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 Empty Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  Amy Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Update 7/28 PM: All sizes are up through the bodice. Waistband and skirt sections will be added in the next few days, New deadline for ALL SIZES August 12th. I'd like feedback on any changes needed by that date, and photos soon after if possible. I'd like to release the pattern the week of August 22nd if possible.

8/1 edited to fixe size 4 error and size 2/3 error

8/3 edited to add waistband instructions

8/3 edited to revise bodice instructions

8/6 edited to revise 6/12 month instructions (row 13/14)

8/15 edited to add long sleeve instructions

---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Amy on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:21 am; edited 30 times in total

Amy
Admin

https://akpatterns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  Amy Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Added size 6!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  Julie K Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 am

ok, so I can get started then?

Do you think LT would work for this? I have two skeins of colorway and one of trim. Would that be enough?

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Do you have a full skein trim? I think it would be enough if you do short sleeves. I think LT works fine Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 am

yep, I have a full skein of trim! Smile

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  radiantmeg Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm

I'll be casting on tonight. I just need to wind my yarn. I'm planning to use a semi-solid for the whole thing, will that work?

radiantmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:31 pm

That should work great Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mhaddon Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:30 pm

where do you want questions and such?

I would make sure to add on the cast on number to use the size 7 needles Smile

Also when it says:

All odd rows until waistband: knit do we just need to follow the rows for the front only?? And should it be knit or purl on the backside??

mhaddon

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:16 pm

mhaddon wrote:where do you want questions and such?

I would make sure to add on the cast on number to use the size 7 needles Smile

Also when it says:

All odd rows until waistband: knit do we just need to follow the rows for the front only?? And should it be knit or purl on the backside??

This is a great place for questions. I will add that in on the size 7 needles. Yes, you are only following the row directions for the front. I am trying to find a way to word that so it makes more sense. And its knit only on the back, you are working the arms and the back in stockinette and the front in the stitch pattern, hth!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mhaddon Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Ok so it will be knit flat and then seamed? Guess maybe I should just start and see, huh? geek

mhaddon

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Oh, no its knit in the round, let me go make that more clear.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Wow, I totally messed that up, that's what happens when you work on patterns at 12:30 in the morning. I edited to have it say to work in the round, and hopefully clarified the section you were asking about before. LMK if you have any other questions, and I'll try to get a chance to proofread it more thoroughly.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pixieknitsali Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 am

I'm assuming that the round marker is at the middle of the back - is that right?

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:36 am

yes that is right Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  plath Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:00 am

I'm hoping to cast on tomorrow. My yarn is almost dry and I will try and wind it tonight Smile

plath

Back to top Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 Empty Row 6 Question

Post  purseaddict Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:45 pm

I am doing 12/24m size.

On row 6, an even row, I am supposed to KFAB one each side of the stitch markers. The instructions for the bodice portion of Row 6 start with KFAB. Am I doing it for the stitch marker and then again? Adding at total of 3 stiches? Thanks!

purseaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  pixieknitsali Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:08 pm

You will add 8 stitches each even numbered round - kfab before and after each marker except for the round marker.

The extra instructions for the front section include the kfab as above so you will only increase 2 stitches in that section same as in all the others

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Post  purseaddict Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Thank you! I thought that was correct...but I am a newbie knitter and just wanted to be sure.

purseaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  pixieknitsali Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:26 am

I'm nearly finished the 4/5 bodice.

There is an error towards the end of the bodice instructions though - there is no row 29. I've worked what is written for row 30 as row 29 and then carried on with the rest as I think it should be from previous rows - but the numbers for rows 31-34 do not work out with the extra increase from row 30.

I've also added a few extra p2 at the ends of some of the rows Embarassed as there were big long knit sections that didn't look right to me. That is probably deliberate but it would have bugged me forever Laughing

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetTandPickles Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:56 pm

OK I am having trouble getting the correct stitch count with the preemie size..ugh! i have ripped it out twice! What is wrong with me?
Ok when you start row 5, are those directions for the whole front? My round marker is right in the middle of the front?! Is it not supposed to be? How many sts should I have in the front when I begin row 5????

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  pixieknitsali Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:00 pm

The round marker is in the middle of the back. The front is the section with the most stitches.

You start with 18 and would have 22sts before beginning row 5

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetTandPickles Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:03 pm

What a Face OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ok I am looking at this as if it were knit flat! OK! OK!!! i got it now, I have it right so far --It is messing me up visually since I'm having to magic Looo it LOL OK, THANK YOU!!!

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:21 pm

pixieknitsali wrote:You will add 8 stitches each even numbered round - kfab before and after each marker except for the round marker.

The extra instructions for the front section include the kfab as above so you will only increase 2 stitches in that section same as in all the others

Thank you for explaining, that is what I meant. Is there a way I could word the pattern differently so that will make sense?

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:22 pm

pixieknitsali wrote:I'm nearly finished the 4/5 bodice.

There is an error towards the end of the bodice instructions though - there is no row 29. I've worked what is written for row 30 as row 29 and then carried on with the rest as I think it should be from previous rows - but the numbers for rows 31-34 do not work out with the extra increase from row 30.

I've also added a few extra p2 at the ends of some of the rows Embarassed as there were big long knit sections that didn't look right to me. That is probably deliberate but it would have bugged me forever Laughing

I fixed the row error, now there are only 32 rows Wink

Also, what do you mean by the extra p2? Can you show me a pic?

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm

SweetTandPickles wrote: What a Face OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ok I am looking at this as if it were knit flat! OK! OK!!! i got it now, I have it right so far --It is messing me up visually since I'm having to magic Looo it LOL OK, THANK YOU!!!

Glad you figured it out Smile LMK if it isn't working out

I'm going to add to the pattern that the marker is in the middle of the back to make it more clear.

I should have waistband instructions up by tomorrow night Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum