Alligator Knits Pattern Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

+9
Lisa
SweetTandPickles
purseaddict
plath
pixieknitsali
mhaddon
radiantmeg
Julie K
Amy
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  Lisa Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 am

Quick nursing break before taking pictures. Very Happy

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Pattern All sizes Bodice only EDITED 8/3

Post  Amy Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 am

I think I'll do two (maybe 3) skirt options, someone that isn't to the skirt portion, can you hold try doing KFAB around instead of K, KFAB? I'd like to see what the fuller skirt looks like.

Amy
Admin

https://akpatterns.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbailey Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:05 am

I am just starting the skirt portion but am having horrible pooling LOL (I've tried every way imaginable to avoid it!!!)...I can frog back a little ways and do the KFAB for that row....mine was the 6-12 month size though, so I don't know how much that is going to help with it being such a small size.

bbailey

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetTandPickles Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:09 am

Mine is very full/flared scratch

OH and for the seed st ruffle hem increases, instead of k2, M1 (which noramlly I like doing but was too lazy to m1 I love you ) I did K1, KFB and it worked out the same :)Since it is seed st, I didn't mind the bar.

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  bbailey Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 am

Maybe because the bigger sizes are so much longer...they don't look like they flare as much....just thinking out loud!

bbailey

Back to top Go down

Post  kakemery Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 am

That could definitely be it. On the smaller sizes, the K1, KFB across could be enough to fill it out but when you knit for 17" without any increases you aren't going to get much flare! Very Happy

kakemery

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:45 am

What information do you need from me?

Measurements? According to Rav, it is about 187yds of yarn. But, those are guesses. I need a damn scale.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

measurements, yarn amounts (as close as you can estimate), anything you think needs fixed, how you like the fit. I think that is all... oh and thoughts on pricing/name Smile

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 am

I will get you the measurements when she wakes up, so I can take it off. LOL!

The fit is great. A little roomy in the bodice for her, but she is a skinny minnie still. The arms fit her great, but if her arms were any chubbier, they wouldn't.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm about three rows into the seed stitch on the bottom ruffle of mine. Why oh why can't I have a daughter smaller than a size 6!? lol!

I'll be doing long sleeved I think, but I'm anticipating that those will go much quicker than the never ending stockinette stitch skirt! lol

I'm pretty sure it'll be more of a sweater on her than a dress, I know she'll wear it more that way Smile

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Amy, I wanted to do long sleeves...can I assume that the directions will be the same as the short sleeve, only longer?

also, I'm having a hard time picturing what to do with the icord...

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  purseaddict Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

I am doing 12/24m, with the new instructions since I frogged after the update. I am finished with the skirt and ruffle portion and have about 1 1/2 sleeves to finish, doing the short sleeve version. (I am at the trim portion of one and still have the second sleeve to do.) I made the ruffle shorter (only about 4 rows long, I think), due to the amount of yarn I have left. I am going to run out of bodice color before I get to the i-cords, but will be able to do both arms. I am debating doing the i-cord in colorway or leaving them off completely. I am going to wait until I finish the rest to decide what I think looks best. (Also have to admit I have never made an i-cord before, so I'm gonna have to get on knittinghelp.com for that.)

I am using MM BFL Aran for this project. I will have used the entire 4oz of solid, and more than 4oz of colorway for this size. I will weigh that skein when I finish the sleeve trim tomorrow. My only pattern issues were the stitch count that Kelli already addressed, and I picked up 5 stitches under the arms, not 3. 3 would have left me a huge gap.

I will try it on DD when finished and give you my opinion on size, and see if I can get action shots.

purseaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 pm

oh, I also wanted to add that the skirt part is quite full IMO even on this larger size.

I've used 2 full skeins of Shepard's wool so far (I had like a foot left after I bound off the hem!!)

I'll try what I've got done on dd in the morning and get some pics Smile

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:12 am

Uh, I totally missed the icord part. :hide:

I have a newborn, remember. LOL!

at waistband - 20"
Shoulder to hem - 12"

What else would you like?

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  pixieknitsali Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm getting there with mine Smile I've done about 3" of the 'skirt' and have just finished the sleeves.

A couple of errors I've found with the 4/5 size

When you get to the set-up row, the number for the front section is wrong, it should be 66 I believe not 64. And then the total number of stitches would be 126

For the decrease row on the sleeves you start with 46 stitches so would need a k1 at the end of the round.

pixieknitsali

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetTandPickles Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:49 am

Meant to say the new baby mama tongue that I made this for and I agreed no I cord for her since she lays on her back all the time and it would be uncomfortable. I can see doing it for an older child, but not a baby who can't sit up or will be in a carseat awhile.

Yeah, it could be that the skirt is fuller b/c of the smaller size OR if you are using thinner yarn than I am. I used 1ply but some may have used sport or DK...that would make a difference.

I will get measurements for you!

For the pricing, since the Eviepants with all its options came out and it was $7.50, I'd go with something around that price. The name you picked is cute! I love it!!

SweetTandPickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:59 pm

added long sleeve directions. I'm hoping to have the final copy finished by the end of this week. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. I'll put it up for proofreading and hopefully release it around the 25th.

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  plath Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 am

I'm working on the hem now, so I will have measurements for you soon Smile I plan to do long sleeves I think. I think it would be adorable with tights.

plath

Back to top Go down

Post  designmegara Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm done, but I'm out of blocking/drying room right now Embarassed I did a long 6/12m size (I picked the average of the 12m size dresses I had on hand so it would fit DD for a little longer) with about 3/4 length sleeves (DD is sleeping so I haven't had a chance to try it on her with the sleeves yet) and used 4oz of colorway with only a few yards left over and 3.5oz of trim with only a few yards of trim left over (bodice, hem and sleeves were trim color). I figured it would be better to wait until after blocking to take measurements, but she wears a 9m and it fit her well pre-sleeves and blocking, perfect for a 6-12m size. There is still an inconsistency at the very beginning and very end of the sugar cube stitch though between the left and right sides. The right side goes one section further out in both the very first set and very last set, but I didn't really notice it until I was about an inch into the skirt. Its possible this has been updated again (I have the first correction that extends the sugar cube stitch beyond the initial columns) and that the error is already caught, but I will have to go back once I don't have kids crawling on me and double check. The dress is beautiful though! Great work on the pattern Amy! I think it will be even more popular than the Elizabeth tunic Smile

designmegara

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 pm

designmegara wrote:I'm done, but I'm out of blocking/drying room right now Embarassed I did a long 6/12m size (I picked the average of the 12m size dresses I had on hand so it would fit DD for a little longer) with about 3/4 length sleeves (DD is sleeping so I haven't had a chance to try it on her with the sleeves yet) and used 4oz of colorway with only a few yards left over and 3.5oz of trim with only a few yards of trim left over (bodice, hem and sleeves were trim color). I figured it would be better to wait until after blocking to take measurements, but she wears a 9m and it fit her well pre-sleeves and blocking, perfect for a 6-12m size. There is still an inconsistency at the very beginning and very end of the sugar cube stitch though between the left and right sides. The right side goes one section further out in both the very first set and very last set, but I didn't really notice it until I was about an inch into the skirt. Its possible this has been updated again (I have the first correction that extends the sugar cube stitch beyond the initial columns) and that the error is already caught, but I will have to go back once I don't have kids crawling on me and double check. The dress is beautiful though! Great work on the pattern Amy! I think it will be even more popular than the Elizabeth tunic Smile

Thank you! And please let me know what you find out on the error, I'll look over it as well. Thanks again!

Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cdmommy8 Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:22 am

I am still knitting the skirt. It is a sz 8 so it is taking forever and I might make it a tunic instead of a dress - however the only comment other than the sugar cubes needing to be extended on the right side of the bodice (as you are looking at it) is that you may need to add more than 5 stitches under the sleeve. I did 5 as the directions called for, however I could have easily done a couple more. . .

cdmommy8

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie K Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 am

I agree about the 5 stitches under the sleeve. I ended up with holes, but I was able to close them when I wove in the end of the yarn where I joined. A few more could be picked up and even decreased right away to prevent holes.

I did finish last night - all but the icord, I'm a little confused about how to do that. Got any pics?

I'll be blocking it today - I really love it and so does dd! I had mentioned before that the waistband might be too thick, but now that its done, I think its perfect!

Julie K

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:50 am

Julie, I assume the i cords are for ties, for making it cinch in.

I did it on a Kaia before.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2482/3820855493_42fc495897.jpg

But, I totally blinked when reading that part, and missed it. LOL!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum